Friday, June 13, 2014

#001: My very first bento!


Calories: 234
Contents: Tamagoyaki*, spinach and tomato salad, apple stars.

This was my first bento ever. I wanted to include rice but I hadn't pre-made any, so I opted for the salad instead. I like the color it added in. I didn't have any way to include dressing easily without making a mess but eating the salad along with bites of tamagoyaki kept it flavorful and moist.

Tamagoyaki . . . this was made with two full eggs, soy sauce, and . . . rice wine vinegar. Haha, I misread the original recipe and included rice wine vinegar instead of mirin. It was still really really good though. I've still not made tamagoyaki with mirin, I just keep using the rice wine vinegar because I really enjoy it this way. I didn't include the sugar in the recipe because of the added calories and because I feel the recipe already produces a sweet enough flavor without the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment