Tuesday, June 17, 2014

#004: Southwest flavor and Mr. Fiskar!


Calories: 207
Contents: Raw Celery, Steamed Carrots, Honeydew Stars, Hard-Boiled Mr. Fiskar egg, and leftover long-grain white rice with shredded chicken, salsa verde, and green pepper stars.

I felt like I was relying too much on fruit to get my plant foods in so I tried to incorporate a few more veggies this time. The flavors didn't work super great together but alone they tasted fine and I love vegetables in any form, so it's not something I'd swear off of in the future.

This was my first time using a hard-boiled egg mold. It wasn't too tough but the design didn't show up as brilliantly as I expected. I think I need to get the egg hotter before placing it into the mold and submerge the mold in much colder water.

I feel like I've been relying too much on tamagoyaki for a protein source so, along with the egg that I just couldn't escape (look how cute he is!) I repurposed some of the left-over white rice from the previous failed experiment and tossed it in a pan with salsa verde and a bit of shredded chicken. It was delicious.I ended up eating at home so I was able to reheat the dish; I'm unsure if it would have tasted as good at room temperature, which is how I've usually been having my bento.

So far this has actually been my favorite bento, I think just because I love southwestern food though!

No comments:

Post a Comment